Rudolph the Blue Nosed Reindeer?
Learning Outcomes (linked to the EYFS)
- Contribute to a whole-group discussion (CL)
- Sing together (EAD)
- Practise counting backwards from 5 - 1 (MATH)
- Brainstorm ways to help a friend (PSED)
How to Play
1. Sit in a circle and start talking about Christmas when the phone rings! It's Santa, with a big problem: It’s the coldest winter ever in the North Pole and Rudolph is so cold his nose has turned blue – he can’t guide the sleigh and all the presents are sitting on the sleigh waiting.
2. Tell Santa you'll sing a song that will help you think of a solution to his problem and call him back.
3. SING: Five Little Presents (to the tune of 'Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed')
Five little presents sitting on the sleigh
Waiting to go on their way
But Rudolph’s nose, it has turned blue
What is Santa going to do?
Four, three, two presents etc.
4. After each verse, encourage children to think of ideas that could help Santa.
- Warm up Rudolph so his nose isn’t blue anymore
- Lend Santa a torch to guide the sleigh
- Paint rudolph's nose red
5. Call Santa back and let him know how to help Rudolph.
Or better yet, add on a musical freeze: Children dance around with Rudolph to warm him up! Each time the music stops, have students give each other a nice, warm hug.
Have fun and remember all games, songs and rhymes are original to Pyjama Drama
- you won't find them anywhere else!