In a muddle, need a cuddle
Learning Outcomes (linked to the EYFS)
- Explore a range of feelings (PSED/CL)
- Begin to learn and join in with a new rhyme (LIT)
- Take it in turns to throw/catch a teddy bear (PD)
A teddy bear or similar
How to Play
1. Sit in a circle and explain that you're feeling mixed-up today. This morning you felt happy, then you wanted to cry and then you get cross before feeling happy again, then tired out!
Q: How do you feel today? Encourage children to explore how they are feeling
2. RECITE: In a Muddle, Need a Cuddle
When I’m feeling tired,
I want to go to sleep.
But when I’m full of energy,
I want to jump and leap!
Sometimes I feel happy,
And sometimes I get mad.
Then I feel like crying,
Which makes me feel sad.
So next time all these feelings,
Get me in a muddle,
I’ll find a friend,
Hold out my arms,
And have a lovely cuddle!
3. Once children are familiar with the rhyme and are able to join in with some of the words/actions, RECITE once more but this time, at the end of the rhyme, throw a teddy bear to one of the children (who should catch then cuddle it)
5. Continue to play, throwing the teddy to a different child each time, or encouraging children to take it in turns to throw the teddy to each other
Have fun and remember all games, songs and rhymes are original to Pyjama Drama
- you won't find them anywhere else!