Learning Outcomes (linked to the CA Preschool Learning Foundations)
- Recite a rhyme (Language and Literacy)
- Recognize different emotions (Social and Emotional Development)
- Practice regulating their emotions (Social and Emotional Development)
How to Play
1. Express one or more strong emotions. "Ow! I stubbed my toe!" or "I really miss my grandma." Facial expression and body language are key here.
2. Point out your expression and wonder about what you're going to do.
3. RECITE: MY FEELINGS
Can you see my face?
I'm feeling really sad
Can you see my body?
I'm feeling really bad
I don't know what to do
I'm getting in a muddle
What will make me better?
I think I need a cuddle!
4. Give a teddy bear (or an imaginary cuddly friend) a nice warm hug and show how much better you feel!
5. The feelings return, so RECITE again, encouraging everyone to join in.
6. Continue to play and notice how expressive your students are!
Have fun and remember all games, songs and rhymes are original to Pyjama Drama
- you won't find them anywhere else!