When I go exploring...
Learning Outcomes (linked to the EYFS)
- Share the detail of their imaginary car (CL)
- Learn and join in with the words of a new rhyme (LIT)
- Learn to anticipate when they should recite and when they should listen (PSED/LIT)
How to Play
1. Sit in a circle and excitedly tell the children that you’ve got a new car. RECITE ‘My Car’ a number of times, encouraging children to join in:
My car is orange,
My car is green.
Mine is the fastest car,
That you have ever seen!
My car is fast,
My car is slow.
Mine takes me everywhere,
I want to go!
2. Encourage children to share detail about their (imaginary) cars:
Q: What colour is your car?
Q: Where do you want to go in your car?
3. Extend the activity for older pre-schoolers by splitting the group into two, encouraging each group to recite the rhyme as follows:
My car is orange (Group 1)
My car is green (Group 2)
Mine is the fastest car
That you have ever seen (Everyone)
My car is fast (Group 1)
My car is slow (Group 2)
Mine takes me everywhere
I want to go (Everyone)
4. Every time someone from the wrong group joins in at the wrong time, the group should honk their imaginary horns and make a loud beeping sound, before starting all over again!
Have fun and remember all games, songs and rhymes are original to Pyjama Drama
- you won't find them anywhere else!