I'm a Happy Clown
Learning Outcomes (linked to the EYFS)
- Sing together (EAD)
- Take it in turns to take on different roles (PSED/EAD)
- Maintain balance and control over their movements (PD)
- Explore life as a circus clown (UW)
How to Play
1. SING: I’m a happy clown (to the tune of 'I’m a Little Teapot')
I’m a happy clown,
My nose is red.
I’ve got a wig,
Upon my head.
My feet are long,
But I’m not tall.
I’ll make you laugh,
When I wobble and fall!
2. Once children are familiar with the song, ask for a volunteer to take on the role of the happy clown who should stand in the middle of the circle. The children still sitting in the circle should take on the role of the audience at the circus
3. SING again, encourage everyone to join in. At the end of the song, the child in role as the clown should wobble and fall over. The children in role as the audience should pretend to howl with laughter
4. Continue to play, with children taking it in turns to take on the role of the clown
Have fun and remember all games, songs and rhymes are original to Pyjama Drama
- you won't find them anywhere else!