Five Autumn leaves
Learning Outcomes (linked to the EYFS)
- Sing together (EAD)
- Practise counting backwards from 5 - 1 (MATH)
- Develop their vocabulary (CL)
How to Play
1. SING: Five Autumn Leaves (to the tune of 'Five Little Ducks Went Swimming One Day')
Five autumn leaves are blowing on the trees,
Red, brown, green and orange leaves.
One leaf tumbles round and round,
It shivers and quivers, to the ground
Four, three, two autumn leaves etc.
3. Once children are familiar with the song, encourage them to replace the verbs, 'shiver' and 'quiver' with other verbs (shakes, jumps. bounces, sways, dances etc.)
Have fun and remember all games, songs and rhymes are original to Pyjama Drama
- you won't find them anywhere else!